Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Are Chesapeakes Compatible With Other Dogs?


Are Chesapeakes compatible with other dogs?

In my earlier blog I mentioned that Chessie's are "velcro dogs". Their attention is focused on their owner. They are usually one person dogs or family dogs.

My dog is fine outside, because the outdoors away from her house is not her territory. But strange dogs and strangers can not set foot on the porch without her knowing it. If the doorbell rings she causes a ruckus. Sometimes I have to go through the garage to see who is on the porch!

She used to welcome my son's dogs but both dogs wanted to go to the front door when the doorbell rang. Well, they got in to it! Now, I must take my own advice(see previous post about being in charge) and go to the door myself.

No comments: