Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year Resolutions for Dogs

Now that I have two dogs to care for, I decided to set some new resolutions in effect for 2012

Of course, life is easier with just one dog; especially an older dog. Chelsea will be 9 years old in February. She knows the routine around here and we are both creatures of habit. Rory, on the otherhand will have to "learn the ropes"

I have to admit both of them sharing the same cage individually is tough in that I have to direct traffic to reroute them to different places to take a cage time break. My #1 priority resolution will be to add on another cage. This will work out well for my aging cat so she can stay upstairs and not be down the basement most of the day.

#2 priority would be more hands on training time for Rory. I feel the more time he spends with me the better he will bond.

#3 priority will be to bring both dogs together inside the house.  They play and romp outside together but Rory tends to "bug" Chelsea inside. He will be neutered in a couple months, so I'll try to incorporate territory together in a couple months.

No comments: