Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's Winter!

Well, winter is here! Fortunately, Rory has mitten-like paws. (It must be a non-shepherd part in his breeding)He is an outdoor dog and the extra hair on his paws will keep him warmer. Rory decided to be an outdoor dog the first day he arrived at my home. He is well equipped to do so.

Nothing drives Chelsie (Chesapeake Bay Retriever) outside like the neighbor leaving biscuits for her under the pine trees. Both dogs like to eat the seed that drops from the birdfeeder. The squirrels like to scoot the seed they do not want out of the feeder. This is a great accommodation for the ground feeding birds.

I will have to put my yak traks on my boots to make feeder deliveries.
I dread facing the icy ground. Even with traction on your boots you could lose your balance. But I like helping the birds to get through a harsh winter.

Thankfully, it is warm and cozy inside. Nice to view the birds eating from your den and front windows.

No comments: