Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time Out

Well, it was bound to happen!  After years of being cold and flu free, I finally had to slow down.

It was six days of pure bliss. How can you say pure bliss when you are sneezing and your nose is running?
I attributed it bliss when my my routine came to a halt and I could "just rest" more often.  This was a treat!  Things were put on hold. What was most surprising was only the necessities "got done" without any fanfare.

The dogs and cat were taken care of.  Although there was less meal preparation for us adults.  We ate lots of soup, drank gingerale and snoozed more.  I still feel a little light-headed and need about ten more days of  pampering myself before I feel like me again.

Funny how a head cold can make you care less about what needs to be done!  Natures way of slowing down. It couldn't happen at a better time.

No comments: