Thursday, February 21, 2013

Still Snowing...

Valentine's Day and President's Day has come and gone but it is still snowing!!
I know a change will be coming for the woodpecker's are in the woods working on the trees, gathering sap.  This always happens towards the end of February.

The group of bully birds had flown in earlier in the month to raid the feeder. The group consists of:  Starlings (showing their spotted coat), grackles, brown headed cowbirds and black birds.  The squirrels are the first at the feeder and drop food down to the ground so the smaller birds can eat
their share.  The chickadee flys back and forth to gather just one seed at a time.

My dogs carry their bones and kongs outside to chew on and then leave them there  to become frozen.  A few days of warmer weather always loosens them from the icy snow.

I received a rose bush plant for Valentine's Day.  I hope it survives the season without a lot of sunlight.  I sat the plant on the dining room table to get an eastern exposure of light for at least ten hours a day.  Some buds are beginning to open up.

The evenings are great for watching tv.  I will curl up with my blanket and hot chocolate and settle in for the night.


No comments: