Sunday, February 3, 2013

Winter Return

Wow!...It's been quite a while since I posted.

Weather-wise we are experiencing a cold-snowy spell.  It's nice being indoors where it is warmer.
I get my daily invigorated blast of winter when I venture out everday to feed the wildlife and go to the mailbox.  I know the birds will appreciate the blackoil sunflower seeds added to their feeding.  I hope it gives them more energy to withstand the cold.

The weather does not seem to bother either of the dogs.  They run around the yard like its a spring day.  Infact,  Chelsea, the Chessie, is acting as vibrant as she always did.  Even though she will be ten years old this month.  Rory will be two years old in June. He was a very quiet puppy until he "found his voice.", and what a voice it is.  He has a regular dog bark and a loud hound bay when he is alerting the family as to what is happening outside.  The first time we heard it, it sounded so "funny" coming from a dog who hardly ever barked.

I  have to laugh at all my boots I own.  High Boots for trudging in the snow outback. Low boots to get the mail out front.  Boots for going out to pick up dog droppings out back.  Rain boots and mud
boots. Larger and wider boots when my feet are aching with gout. By the time I get my outside gear on and complete my outdoor chore I'm ready for a hot chocolate and a nap.





No comments: