Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Rain

It has been raining the past few days. The yard is saturated with mud and rain.  There is a dampness in the air that you can feel in your body.  This is the time of year when you will be hovering between dampness and spring-like days.  I only fed the birds out front today because I did not have to walk in the mud.  Out back is a different story.  I'll check the ground tomorrow and if it doesn't rain I will fill the feeder out back.

The dogs do not like the heavy rain and do not ask to go out as often as they would when the days are nicer.

It's doggie paw print time on the floors.  I have to block off the kitchen and keep the dogs in the den until their paws dry off.

Spring Cleaning:  Today was a dark day to try to clean, but I shampooed a couch in the living room with the lamps on and the curtains open for light to see what I was doing.

Before you know it planting time will be here.  Some of the annual plants have sprung up already outside.  A welcome sight to encourage the feeling that there will be brighter, sunnier days ahead.


No comments: