Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcoming Me Back!

Gee, its been a few months since I have posted anything. 

Well, I made it through the spring rain which has over-done its early welcome in April and continued off and on through the month of June.  I think we have seen the end of it.  Really....Summer is the end of this week!!

The dogs are enjoying the outdoors.  Now they can take their wrestling outside.  It's great to be able to groom their coats outside. The birds have been using the disgarded dog hair for their nests.

The heat will be on its way at the end of the week.  We literally had to turn on the furnace to warm up the dampness. I am not looking forward to "Jungle Maddness". That's what I always called the sticky humidity).  Thank god, for air conditioning.  You really need the air conditioning at least for four months in the summer.

All the TV shows have run their yearly episodes and we will have to adjust to what is on for the summer months.

We are changing our menu too.  Lighter foods.  Lots of salads and "corn on the cob". 

Yipee!!  My ruby-throated hummingbird is back.(She arrived the first week in June)  She is a big tubular gal with wings. Much larger than the male.  I have so much respect for these little birds.  They are truly amazing. I really miss her leaving in September and get sentimental to see her go for the season. 

I planted some "busy lizzies" (Impatients) in the window boxes and on the ground.  They are great thrivers and live the cooler shade of the front garden.  Such lovely pastel colors.

Looking forward to the July Holiday next month.

See you here then.

No comments: