Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chessie Talk - Potty Training

Knowing Chessie's never forget once they learn something. I began potty training Chelsea.

I was determined to do it right by keeping her with me 24/7 on a leash (even sleeping with her on the couch ) the leash wrapped around my arm. It was well worth the inconvience of time spent for when she got the "message" she never forgot. Accidents are rare, even with an 13 year old Chessie.

My 13 year old male Chessie (now deceased) was throwing up all over the den. (He had a Vet appointment the next day) I made a bed for him in the garage with a blanket. Next morning I checked on him. He was lying on his blanket. Over in the corner, on the concrete he had done his business.

They say dogs never go in their kennel. Perhaps he considered the blanket his kennel area?

No comments: