Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rory

Two weeks ago, my son presented me with an early birthday gift, a german shepherd-mix rescue pup. He was shipped from down south to our eastern area to avoid euthanization. Of course, my husband and I were not ready for another dog. We had raised our Chesapeake Bay Retriever who was settling into old age with us. Adding a puppy to our routine would "upset the apple cart".

He is a calm, sweet puppy. Now that he is sure of himself, he is full of fun and very playful. He learns very quickly and seems to know what you expect of him. No wonder Shepherds are classified as working dogs.

After having Chessie's for many years, it is easier to work with another dog. Chessie's are not for everyone. The Chessie is a very loyal dog. But I think Rory will be just as loyal. It has been two weeks and Rory has already settled into our family life.

No comments: